Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sneakers

We had our "commitment" bbq last night at Sarah's house. If there is anything that I've learned over time since trying to "increase physical activity" and "decreasing caloric intake" it's been to make SMART goals. That is to say it is imporant to  state one's goals that are  Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Trackable.  In the process it is very important to go public with one's goals. So, last night we celebrated Art and Michelle who are going to do the half marathon on October 17th. We also heard from Sarah, Amy, Andrea, Traci, Brenda and myself who are going to the entire marathon. Linda and Staci are potentials in the relay for the marathon. Bob and Mark are planning on doing the entire marathon but were not present to publically commit to the event.
Uta brought us the cake with the "sneakers" on it. However, we are not "sneakers" when it comes to our goals. We are out in the OPEN!

4 comments:

  1. Pastor Ron,

    Love this blurb you wrote. I agree totally with SMART goals. I also think that you deserve a huge pat on the back for leading this effort. Thanks for your vision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Uta will be so proud that her cake made your blog! I echo Traci - thanks for your leadership!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so the pressure got to me ... I'm CONSIDERING walking the 1/2 marathon! Please read that carefully CONSIDERING not yet committed to. I have to make sure it's a SMART goal I can indeed achieve. Thanks for leading the way Pastor Ron!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea, to everyone who is thinking about making a SMART GOAL.

    ReplyDelete