Thursday, June 25, 2009

Beginning - Again!

I am starting to "rev up" for another marathon. On October 4, 2009 it is my goal to walk the 26.2 miles of the Portland, Maine marathon. This will be my third marathon since my double knee replacement on April 7, 2008.

So, today I started getting serious about training since the event is about 15 weeks from now.

A passage that keeps me going is from Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

So, if you are looking for some motivation, inspiration or just a place to share "perspiration" then you are welcome to drop by from time to time.
Peace,
rtg

4 comments:

  1. i like beginning-again...i need many "do-overs" so i can start-again and do it right THIS time...Rons walking motivates me to work harder on my "walk" both physically and spiritually...and i am sustainsed by a passage from that same book Phil. 3:14 "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

    ReplyDelete
  2. REV IT UP!!! I'm thinking your pace can get even faster! Keep up the good work! PEP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see this. Did a Marathon in 88 and it wrecked my knees. Also had double replacement in July of 07 and you ae my inspiration for another one in Harrisburg PA on November 4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pastor Ron ..... Charlie from SF, CA here. As a huge Peter Mayer fan that was turned on to your devos through his music, I am thrilled to see your blog. Also training for a half marathon in two months so will enjoy your training updates as well.

    Peace and good luck!

    ReplyDelete