Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy Labor Day Weekend!


It's been some time since I've written on this blog. So, welcome back to you and to me.
On Thursday, September 3, I walked 18 miles.
I'm on track to walk the marathon in Portland, Maine on October 4th. Sue Ann and the other hand recently experienced a setback to her training. She has a hairline fracture in her left foot. Consequently, she has been wearing a "boot." Too bad Vera Bradley or some one like that has designed an attractive and fashionable covering for the boot. So, she's totally bummed by the situation, but will be joining us to be our cheerleader from the sidelines.
Her experience does remind all of us how fragile life is and can be at times.

My walking on Thursday was difficult. I need to be more diligent in stretching. So, if you happen to see me in person or want to drop me a note to remind me of that need and responsibility, I'll be open to your exhortation. I'm hoping and praying this weekend is a good one for you.
Blessings,
rtg

1 comment:

  1. Ron - glad to see you are back online, hate to think you were too busy to blog. Sorry to hear about SueAnn - tell her I got a metronome and I am running to the 85 RPM. I am heading out the door now for my training run. BTW - made a PSA at church today for "Bake and Be Blessed", looking for volunteers for church social. - CT

    ReplyDelete