Saturday, December 26, 2009

I Came in First! Happy Kwanzaa!



This is how it goes some times. Several weeks ago I signed up for the Kwanzaa 5K walk
to be held on December 26th. This morning when I got up for the walk it was snowing and rather cold. There was a very small crowd for the 5k run and an even smaller group of folks for the walk. At the starting line I counted 9 walkers. I knew right then that I'd finish in the TOP TEN! Lo and behold to my surprise, I seemed also to be the only male in my age category. Below you can find the pertinent info.
I share this with you because some times, that's just how it goes. You're the only one. So of course, you can come in first and last in your age group!
On New Year's Eve Sue Ann and I will do the 25th Anniversary Resolution 5k.
Name: RON GLUSENKAMP
NO.:1308
Age: 55
Sex: M
Time: 00:52:25
Pace: 16:53
Overall Place/Total: 4 /4
Division Place/Division Total: 1 /1
Sex Place/ Sex Total:1 1 /
Sincerely,

Timing Consortium

1 comment:

  1. I love this--I got my own ribbon this weekend--4th out of 4, I think! You and Sue Ann should check out the Colorado Masters Running/Racewalking Association at http://www.comastersrun.org/. You can join for the year and do their events for free--about half are on Sat. mornings. And, I know that you will appreciate that post-race door prizes often include Great Harvest Bread!

    ReplyDelete