Monday, July 6, 2009

"Would I Lie To You?"

Just finished walking around Wash Park. First of all, thank you for your comments and suggestions. This evening I did utilize my heart monitor. The result was a significant time decrease in my walk. So, thanks for that suggestion and reminder. I was able to get my heart rate to increase while listening to the tunes of The Eurythmics. Check them out at http://www.eurythmics.com One of their songs, "Would I Lie To You?" got my feet moving and my heart beating at the rate I wanted to achieve.

Here's a helpful suggestion for you. If you find after walking or running a particular distance that you have some blisters or chafing (and if you don't know what that is, you will when you experience it) then try to Body Glide. Basically, this is like a deodorant type of consistency but can be put on your feet prior to putting on your socks. It can also be applied at places where your clothes tend to rub.

I've often thought that maybe there is some kind of theological equivalent to Body Glide. It just might be the words in the Lord's Prayer, "forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us." When that phrase is applied liberally on those parts of our lives where we tend to blister or have chafing life seems to go a little more smoothly. Try it and let me know what you think. I mean, the Body Glide and also the "forgiveness glide" as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment