Thursday, October 1, 2009

"Fired up, Ready to Go!"

Good evening friends! Well, I spent my day off today getting a massage, going to physical therapy, sending lots of emails and doing a light set of weight-lifting. To quote President Obama, "I'm Fired up, Ready to Go!" Sue Ann and I leave early on Friday morning for a roundabout trip to Portland, Maine. We go from Denver to Atlanta, to Portland. All of this makes complete sense to me. I've got some butterflies in my stomach, but I think that's fairly natural. I plan on just listening to tune, praying, enjoying the sights and focusing on my "core." If I get access in Maine, I'll update the posts. If you want to track me on twitter, check out www.twitter.com/rtgcycler
I get an early start as a walker, so I'll be walking early Sunday am. I'd appreciate your prayers and kind thoughts.
Peace,
RTG

4 comments:

  1. Marathon weekend is finally here - can't wait to hear all about it! What an awesome goal - enjoy all 26.2 miles. We'll be thinking about you back here in CO. GAME ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! If I didn't have to work Friday, I'd come to ATL airport just to cheer you on. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be a great weekend for marathoners and half marathoners all over the East Coast -- If I can remember my twitter account I will be following you.

    Here's one of Arthur Webb's tips for running ultramarathons in Death Valley . . . remove your toenails (!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go Ron! Hope your travels are safe and you are able to rest and really get ready on Saturday. I'll be thinking and prayer for you early, early Sunday!

    ReplyDelete