Saturday, October 3, 2009

saturday night

Hi, everyone. thanks for the prayers and encouragement. It's been raining since we got here. The forecast for tomorrow is rain, but I'm hoping my wife's sunny disposition will make the clouds go away. We're here with Sheri, Joannie, Aaron and John (all from Denver) and Mark who came from Quebec City to join us. John is running the whole marathon. Sheri & Joannie and Mark are doing the half. Sue Ann is walking the half with her boot on. Aaron is in charge of logistics. Today we went to Freeport, to LL BEAN! We participated in a Chowderfest (and I've had the legal limit of chowder- seafood, alternative and corn). We carbo loaded tonight at the spaghetti dinner put on by the Rotary Club. The race officially starts at 7:45am, but walkers, (slow ones) can have an early start at 6:ooam. So, I've got the coffee pot loaded up, oatmeal ready to go and I'm getting set to hit the hay. I'll do my best to keep you all posted on www.twitter.com/rtgcycler tomorrow throughout the walk.

(one of my favorite passages is, "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." phil 4:13
Peace,
RTG


13 I can do everything by the power of Christ. He gives me strength.
New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
Copyright © 1996, 1998 by Biblica
King James Version (KJV)
Listen to this passageView commentary related to this passage
13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain
The Message (MSG)
View commentary related to this passage
Content Whatever the Circumstances 10-14I'm glad in God, far happier than you would ever guess—happy that you're again showing such strong concern for me. Not that you ever quit praying and thinking about me. You just had no chance to show it. Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. I don't mean that your help didn't mean a lot to me—it did. It was a beautiful thing that you came alongside me in my troubles.
The Message (MSG)
Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson
Hoffnung für Alle (HOF)
13 [a]Alles kann ich durch Christus, der mir Kraft und Stärke gibt.
Footnotes:
Philipper 4:13 Eph 3:16
Hoffnung für Alle (HOF)
by Biblica
Reina-Valera 1995 (RVR1995)
13 Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Sue Ann is still going to walk the half! Let her know she rocks! Don't run into anyone while updating those Tweets!

    ReplyDelete